Public warned not to approach wanted man with links to Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Police in Lancashire are appealing for help to find a wanted man from Blackpool who is believed to have links with Great Yarmouth.
John Hewitt, 46, formerly of Dickson Road, is wanted in connection with a number of offences including rape, false imprisonment, wounding, possession of a firearm, threats to kill and theft. These incidents are reported to have taken place between June 2015 to July this year.
T/DS Ellie Gomerson from Blackpool's Public Protection Unit said: 'We are actively trying to locate Hewitt and so I urge who may have seen him or knows where he is to get in touch with us.
'I would advise anyone who sees him not to approach him but to contact the police immediately.'
He has links to Essex, Portsmouth, Wales, Norfolk in particular Great Yarmouth, Thames Valley, Greater Manchester and London. Other names he uses are John Wilson, Dean McKenzie, John Burton and John Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information regarding Hewitt should call 101.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats