Public invited to charity car boot sale to raise funds for Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s Excel Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are being invited to bring items to sell at a charity car boot sale to raise money for specialist medical equipment.
Staff at Tesco Extra, on Hardwick Road, King's Lynn, are holding the event on Sunday in support of Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Excel Appeal.
The appeal, backed by the EDP, aims to raise £50,000 for specialist equipment for the elderly, such as falls prevention kits, recliner chairs, and dementia software.
In addition to the car boot sale, the store has set up donation buckets at its premises, with the aim of raising around £1,500 throughout March.
Laura Gathercole, organiser of the car boot sale, said: 'We want to support a local charity and so many of our customers use the hospital.
'In the past we've helped charities for children a lot so we thought it would be nice to do something a bit different this time.'
The car boot sale will be held between 8am-noon in the store's car park.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
Laurence Morlaas, fundraising executive at the hospital, said: 'This event is a great opportunity to empty your garage or loft, get a pitch while helping our frail and vulnerable patients.'
Food will be provided by burger van company Nanna's Pantry. which will donate 30pc of the takings to the appeal.
Anyone wishing to have a stall can turn up from 7am onwards, or email email@example.com for more information.
To donate to the appeal visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal or you can pay by cheque made payable to 'Excel Appeal'.
Send it to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising for the appeal?