Pub turns pink and raises £670 for Norfolk cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
The 'Big Pink' charity event raised more than £670 for Norfolk cancer charity, The Big C.
The Catherine Wheel pub in Norwich, turned pink to host the 150 person big, pink party for charity.
Stacey Shipman, 29, organiser of the event, said: 'We had a brilliant night which involved a 45 prize raffle, karaoke, a name the pug game, guess how many sweets in the jar plus cupcakes and sweet boxes made especially for the night.
'Sadly most of us know someone who is affected by this horrible disease, so myself and my brother, Carl Shipman, decided we wanted to help raise some money for such a great cause.'
The Big C is a Norfolk and Waveney based Cancer Charity that funds four drop in support and information centres.
You may also want to watch:
The event was hosted by The Squirrels, a Norwich drag act who made it to the six chair challenge with Robbie Williams on The X Factor.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler