Prue Leith set to replace Mary Berry on The Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Viewers have been speculating for months over who will replace the popular Mary Berry on the new series of The Great British Bake Off.
And it seems television cook Prue Leith, 76, could be joining Paul Hollywood as the show makes the move to Channel 4, according to reports.
The former Great British Menu judge is reportedly seen as a 'like for like' replacement for Berry, who chose to stay with the BBC along with hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.
A source The Sun: 'Following in Mary's footsteps is a big challenge. But the producers are confident that Prue has all the attributes. In cookery circles she's practically royalty.'
The South African-born author, campaigner and restaurateur stepped down as a judge on The Great British Menu in October after 10 years on the programme.
You may also want to watch:
A Channel 4 spokeswoman said they will be announcing the revamped show's line-up 'in due course'.
Last month Berry, 81, was named best TV judge at the National Television Awards for The Great British Bake Off beating David Walliams, Simon Cowell, Len Goodman and Nicole Scherzinger.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars