Prue Leith set to replace Mary Berry on The Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Viewers have been speculating for months over who will replace the popular Mary Berry on the new series of The Great British Bake Off.
And it seems television cook Prue Leith, 76, could be joining Paul Hollywood as the show makes the move to Channel 4, according to reports.
The former Great British Menu judge is reportedly seen as a 'like for like' replacement for Berry, who chose to stay with the BBC along with hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.
A source The Sun: 'Following in Mary's footsteps is a big challenge. But the producers are confident that Prue has all the attributes. In cookery circles she's practically royalty.'
The South African-born author, campaigner and restaurateur stepped down as a judge on The Great British Menu in October after 10 years on the programme.
You may also want to watch:
A Channel 4 spokeswoman said they will be announcing the revamped show's line-up 'in due course'.
Last month Berry, 81, was named best TV judge at the National Television Awards for The Great British Bake Off beating David Walliams, Simon Cowell, Len Goodman and Nicole Scherzinger.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?