Prospects on the rise for chef Olly and his bakery goodies
- Credit: Archant
A young chef who trained in Michelin-star restaurants is set to take his food to isolated communities and villages which have lost their shop.
Olly Sanders, 27, and his Handmade Foods will visit remote Aldborough, in north Norfolk, today, giving locals the chance to buy his bread, pies, cakes and other goodies every Thursday.
And if the venture is popular, Mr Sanders, of Burgh-next-Aylsham, hopes to expand into Worstead, which has no shop, on Wednesdays in January.
He is also planning to open a 'food hub' in the New Year, probably based in a former North Walsham greengrocer's, selling his wares alongside a range of other local food producers.
Mr Sanders baked a few goods to sell at Aylsham's car-boot sale while between jobs about 18 months ago, found his fare was popular, built a bakery on family land in Burgh - and has never looked back. He now sells his goods in Aylsham Market Place on Mondays and Fridays.
You may also want to watch:
He hopes his mobile shop and food hub will allow his business to grow and plans to approach about 16 potential producers to share the hub.
Mr Sanders is working with Rebecca Matthews, of North Walsham's Town Team, which is hoping to renew the six-month lease it has on the shop, at 3 Market Place.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
? Mr Sanders will be among local food and craft producers displaying their wares at the North Norfolk Christmas Festival this Saturday, from 10am-3pm, in the Atrium, North Walsham. The event will include luxury hampers donated by Waitrose to be sold by silent auction.