Proposals to expand 221 (Great Yarmouth) Squadron Air Training Corps base in Gorleston are submitted
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been submitted to expand an Air Training Corps headquarters.
The 221 (Great Yarmouth) Squadron base in Suffolk Road, Gorleston has made an application to Great Yarmouth borough council to build a single-storey extension at its current site.
The proposals are to create a new main hall, radio room, two lecture rooms, as well as office space, toilets and amenities.
The current steel sheet tiles would be replaced with concretes ones and the almost half, or another 87.4 sq. metres (941 sq. foot).
Surface water at the site, which is in a flood risk area, would be disposed of via a soakaway.
You may also want to watch:
The aims of the Air Cadet Organisation (ACO) are to promote and encourage a practical interest in aviation and the Royal Air Force among young people.
They provide training to encourage the spirit of adventure and develop qualities of leadership and good citizenship.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage