Former promotions organiser Sue Allan dies
- Credit: Archant
A well-loved former staff member at the The Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News has died.
Sue Allan was the promotions organiser for Eastern Counties Newspapers in the 1980s.
Her role included writing a weekly page for Scope for Women and organising events and trips.
She also organised the celebrations for the centenary of the launch of the Eastern Evening News. Ms Allan would drive a replica vintage van created as it would have been when the paper launched.
She oversaw the 'Where's the Ball' cars that were emblazoned with 'Win This Car' on a roof rack. She also updated the score board at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Allan left the paper in the late 80s to join Norwich City College but in 1993 she was forced to retire due to ill health following a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. She died in Hingham after a battle with bladder cancer on Monday, October 8.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns