Project launched to keep vulnerable kids warm with second hand coats
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new community project to keep vulnerable children warm has been launched in Thetford.
Coats for Kids is a project which aims to provide quality second hand winter coats to children between the age of one and 11 who otherwise may not be able to afford them.
The project has been launched at the Charles Burrell Centre in the town.
A spokesman for the project said: 'We are aware that many children in Thetford and the surrounding areas will not have a warm winter coat this year and the journey to school or nursery will be a cold one.
'We are collecting good quality second hand winter coats for children aged from 1 to 11 years.
You may also want to watch:
'Please bring good quality second hand coats to the Charles Burrell Centre as soon as possible and we will be arranging distribution within the next few weeks.'
Do you have a story in Thetford? Email email@example.com with the details.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council