Probation service to move from Great Yarmouth to Lowestoft
The Norfolk and Suffolk Probation Trust is to close its Great Yarmouth base of operations in Rampart Road on April 1 and move it to Lowestoft.
As part of a merger of Norfolk and Suffolk probation services, the majority of operations are already based in the Lowestoft office in Whapload Road. No staff will be made redundant because of the move.
The trust says moving all activities to the new location will provide a consistent service to offenders living in the Yarmouth and the Waveney area and also provide a central point across the catchment area.
Offenders in the Yarmouth area will have the choice of whether to travel to Lowestoft or to the Norwich probation office for appointments.
Community payback sessions will still be held in the Yarmouth area. A spokesman for the Norfolk and Suffolk Probation Trust said: 'Reducing our office space makes the best use of probation funds and brings our facilities in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area in line with the geographical spread of our offices across the county.
You may also want to watch:
'No staff will be made redundant as a result of this decision.
'Although the Great Yarmouth office base will be closed, Norfolk and Suffolk Probation Trust will remain involved in community activities and continue to work with our partners in the Great Yarmouth area.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
The Yarmouth building is leased from the Ministry of Justice.