Princess Charlotte celebrates second birthday with parents Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge at Anmer Hall in Norfolk
- Credit: PA
Princess Charlotte celebrates her second birthday with a party at Anmer Hall in Norfolk today.
It could be the last time the Royal tot blows out the candles in her cake in the county where she was christened.
For as her parents the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge prepare to devote more time to Royal duties, they are set to move from the home which has been their main residence for four years to Kensington palace in London.
Prince William leaves his job as a pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance in a few weeks' time.
George will be schooled at the private Thomas's Battersea school in September and it is likely his sister will be sent to a nursery later this year.
Royal fans were treated to a new picture of Charlotte on Monday, with the release of a photograph taken last month by her mother to mark the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte was pictured smiling and enjoying the outdoors, wearing a yellow knitted cardigan, decorated with a sheep motif, and a navy clip in her hair.
It was the first time the princess has been seen since Christmas, when she was photographed as she was taken to a church service close to the home of her grandparents Carole and Michael Middleton in the Berkshire village of Bucklebury.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
Charlotte's privacy has been carefully guarded by her parents and during the past year she has only been seen in public on a handful of occasions.
William and Kate followed a trend they set with their daughter's first birthday, when they released four official photographs.
In a statement on Monday Kensington Palace said: 'The Duke and Duchess are very pleased to share this photograph as they celebrate Princess Charlotte's second birthday. Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank everyone for all of the lovely messages they have received, and hope that everyone enjoys this photograph of Princess Charlotte as much as they do.'
Charlotte was seen a number of times during the family's tour of Canada last autumn, including at a children's party in Victoria, British Columbia.
The young royal was first photographed on the day of her birth - May 2 2015 - when Kate held her daughter outside the private maternity wing of St Mary's hospital in Paddington, central London, where the princess was delivered.