Prince Philip to attend special banquet in King’s Lynn tonight
The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a banquet in King's Lynn this evening to commemorate his 90th birthday.
Prince Philip will arrive at the Town Hall at around 7.15pm to join guests at the historic building on the Saturday Market Place.
The banquet is being hosted by West Norfolk mayor Zipha Christopher to help raise money for her chosen charity for the year, West Norfolk Young Carers.
There is also a new exhibition at Sandringham House called Prince Philip and The Sea, which is being held to commemorate his 90th birthday.
The exhibition includes a rare picture of the Royal aged just six and it is hoped the exhibition will help people further explore the duke's life-long passion for the sea.
It is the first appearance by the Royal since his grandson Prince William married Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey last Friday.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages