‘Is that a terrorist?’ Prince Philip’s joke after seeing bearded man at Sandringham
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
The Duke of Edinburgh is known for his punchy one-liners and cracking jokes with well-wishers on public outings.
But one man stood out from the crowd at Sandringham on New Year's Eve and was made the butt of a joke after Prince Philip spotted his long beard.
The man, who was joined by his partner and young daughter, was stood near the entrance of Sandringham House.
At 11am, Prince Philip and Princess Anne emerged and walked a few hundred yards towards St Mary Magdalene church.
As many people in the crowds were applauding and wishing them both a happy New Year, the Duke of Edinburgh was drawn to the bearded man.
You may also want to watch:
He pointed at the white man and jokingly asked a royal bodyguard: 'Is that a terrorist?'
The bearded man, who left Sandringham with his family before he could be identified, overheard the comment and laughed.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old