Prince Philip receives new Land Rover less than 24 hours after crash
- Credit: Geoff Robinson
The Duke of Edinburgh has received a replacement vehicle less than 24 hours after his car was destroyed in a crash in Sandringham.
Pictures show the replacement Land Rover Freelander which arrived at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk Friday morning.
The car is an exact replica of the one the Duke was driving when he collided with a Kia around 3pm Thursday evening.
Prince Philip's Land Rover was towed away after yesterday's crash which saw the car overturn and the windscreen smash.
Armed police were on hand as the replacement vehicle was transported by delivery truck to the Sandringham estate, where Prince Phillip is now recovering under the medical supervision.
You may also want to watch:
While the duke escaped unharmed, the driver and one passenger in the Kia suffered cuts and a broken wrist as a result of the crash.
Norfolk Police said they would continue to investigate the incident and any appropriate action taken.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards