Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle
- Credit: PA
Prince Harry is to marry his American actress girlfriend Meghan Markle.
The much-anticipated news was confirmed by the Prince of Wales in a brief statement issued by Clarence House.
It read: 'His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms Meghan Markle.
'The wedding will take place in Spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.
'His Royal Highness and Ms Markle became engaged in London earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
'Prince Harry has informed Her Majesty the Queen and other close members of his family.
'Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms Markle's parents.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
'The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.'
Fifth in line to the throne Harry, 33, has been dating the 36-year-old star, who found fame in the US legal drama Suits, since the summer of 2016.
Their 16-month whirlwind romance blossomed when they met through mutual friends in London and the pair have been almost inseparable in recent months, with Markle said to have virtually moved in to Harry's home at Kensington Palace.