Prince Harry announced as patron of Norfolk charity’s Walk of America expedition
- Credit: PA
Kensington Palace have announced that Prince Harry has become the patron of a Norfolk charity's latest expedition.
Organised by Stody-based armed forces charity, Walking With The Wounded, the Walk of America will see six wounded veterans from the US and UK walk 1,000 miles from the west to the east cost of America.
The epic trek will take place over 14 weeks this summer, starting in Los Angeles on June 2 and finishing in New York on September 6.
Kensington Palace tweeted: 'The Walk Of America will tell the stories of the wounded veterans and their journeys from injury to the present day, and encourage a conversation around veteran mental health.
'The expedition will also raise vital funds for veterans both sides of the Atlantic.'
You may also want to watch:
This is not the first time Prince Harry has been involved with the charity's walks, having previously joined a gruelling trip to the South Pole in 2013 and taking part in the Walk Of Britain in 2015.
However Kensington Palace have made it clear that in this instance neither Prince Harry, nor his fiancée Meghan Markle will be joining the Walk of America.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats
Established in 2010, Walking With The Wounded supports vulnerable veterans as they re-intergrate back into society and sustain their independence.
The charity provides support to transfer their skills into the civilian workplace, offering assistance through programmes to those who have been physically, mentally or socially disadvantaged by their service.
Prince Harry will formally launch the expedition at an event in London on Wednesday, April 11, where he will meet the three British team members taking part in the walk.
For more information visit walkingwiththewounded.org.uk