Uncle Harry and aunt Meghan will dote on newborn
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
Aunt Meghan and Uncle Harry will be some of the first to call on the Cambridges and their new arrival.
The couple are neighbours of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace, living in the grounds of the royal residence.
US star Ms Markle has recently hinted at having her own children with Harry.
In an earlier interview, Ms Markle said becoming a mother was on her 'bucket list'.
'I can't wait to start a family, but in due time,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Harry has also openly confessed he would love to have children.
The topic cropped up in the couple's engagement interview.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
'You know, I think one step at a time, and hopefully we'll start a family in the near future,' the prince said.
Like Harry, Ms Markle has impressed onlookers with her affectionate nature when meeting youngsters on royal walkabouts.
Ms Markle has also been spending time getting to know William and Kate's children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
The celebrity, who shot to fame playing paralegal Rachel Zane in the American drama Suits, already has two 'fairy god-daughters'.
The bride-to-be and Harry, who will wed in Windsor on May 19, will be among close family expected to attend the christening of William and Kate's baby in a few months time.