Uncle Harry and aunt Meghan will dote on newborn
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
Aunt Meghan and Uncle Harry will be some of the first to call on the Cambridges and their new arrival.
The couple are neighbours of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace, living in the grounds of the royal residence.
US star Ms Markle has recently hinted at having her own children with Harry.
In an earlier interview, Ms Markle said becoming a mother was on her 'bucket list'.
'I can't wait to start a family, but in due time,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Harry has also openly confessed he would love to have children.
The topic cropped up in the couple's engagement interview.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
'You know, I think one step at a time, and hopefully we'll start a family in the near future,' the prince said.
Like Harry, Ms Markle has impressed onlookers with her affectionate nature when meeting youngsters on royal walkabouts.
Ms Markle has also been spending time getting to know William and Kate's children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
The celebrity, who shot to fame playing paralegal Rachel Zane in the American drama Suits, already has two 'fairy god-daughters'.
The bride-to-be and Harry, who will wed in Windsor on May 19, will be among close family expected to attend the christening of William and Kate's baby in a few months time.