Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, set to visit Norwich Sea Cadets
The Duke of York is set to help celebrate Norwich Sea Cadets' centenary.
Prince Andrew will be visiting the unit, based near Foundry Bridge, on Wednesday.
During his visit, the cadets will demonstrate some boat displays on the River Wensum and give a tour of their vessel, the TS Lord Nelson.
The duke will also unveil a plaque celebrating the unit's 100th anniversary. He is due to visit the unit in the afternoon.
It is the second time Prince Andrew has visited the Norwich Sea Cadets. He last visited in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
As previously reported, the cadets will celebrate their centenary this June.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel