Primary school set to join Reepham High’s Synergy Multi-Academy Trust
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Reepham High School has announced the identity of the first school that will join its new academy trust.
The high school received government permission to set up the Synergy Multi-Academy Trust last summer, and has revealed Reepham Primary School is set to become its first member.
In a message in the high school's newsletter, Mark Farrar, principal of Reepham High School and College (RHSC), said: 'The development of Synergy Multi-Academy Trust is one of the most important and exciting events in the history of RHSC. We are very much looking forward to working with our primary colleagues and are determined to make it succeed.'
He said the primary school plans to formally join the trust in September 2016, and added: 'For the primary school, this means they will not have to worry about issues relating to finances, site management and ICT.
'Responsibility for all of these matters will be taken by Synergy, allowing the primary school to focus entirely on teaching and learning.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the proposals would allow staff at the two schools to work 'even more closely together', helping with the transfer of pupils from one to school to the other, and sharing classroom expertise.
Mr Farrar added: 'Other neighbouring schools have also expressed an interest in joining Synergy and we anticipate the multi-academy trust having several more members within a relatively short period of time
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
'However, there are no plans for Synergy to become a large, national chain.'
The trust is part of a growing trend for high schools in Norfolk to set up academy trusts that local primaries can join.
Do you have an education story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org