Primary school children taught road safety with speed gun
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever wanted to feel the power of a speed gun?
That's what the pupils at Westwood Primary School got the chance to do exactly that last week when the local Police community support officer visited their school with one of the police's own speed guns.
The school runs a Junior Road Safety Scheme with the help of three pupils, Poppy, Amy, and Lorik, who are the junior road safety officers from Year 4 and 5.
The local PCSO, Norman Drew, visited the school on Monday, March 19, and brought along the speed gun for the junior road safety officers to use on Westwood Avenue, just outside the school.
A spokesman for the school said: 'The children learnt more about the importance of staying safe on the road's and enjoyed using the speed gun.'
You may also want to watch:
Has your school put on any special events or activities that you want to shout about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash