Pride of Place results revealed
IAN CLARKE Wayland Wood is the place in Breckland are most proud of, according to a new online poll.And the survey has also revealed that people in the district came fourth in the country for having pride in where they live.
Wayland Wood is the place in Breckland are most proud of, according to a new online poll.
And the survey has also revealed that people in the district came fourth in the country for having pride in where they live.
The Pride of Place Poll has been running over the past few weeks and 1400 people in Breckland took part.
You may also want to watch:
Ten places in the district were nominated and half of those voting (734 votes) chose Wayland Wood as their favourite place.
Queens Square in Attleborough (424) was second and Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse (130) came third.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
The other placings were: Joint fourth, Thetford Forest and Ancient House Museum of Thetford Life (both 28 votes); joint sixth, Oxburgh Hall and Mid Norfolk Railway Dereham Station (both 27); eighth, The Brecks (23); Ninth, Grime's Grave (11) and 10th Bishop Bonner's Cottage in Dereham (10).
The London borough of Brent was overall winner in the country with 2908 votes.
Breckland leader William Nunn said: “Residents in Breckland are proud of the district and this poll shows how proud we all are to live here. We have scored more votes than areas with much higher populations which shows us up well against the country”