Norwich woman wins £1m Premium Bonds prize
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Norfolk has scooped a £1 million jackpot after buying a lucky Premium Bond.
The Norwich winner was announced on Friday, November 1, making her the second jackpot millionaire from the county.
The lucky winner, who is yet to be named, bought the winning Bond in December 2010, and has invested £10,600 in Bonds since then.
Her number, 176LR488412, was randomly selected by ERNIE earlier this week.
Jill Waters, retail director at NS&I, said: "For the two jackpot winners, 1st of November will certainly be one they will always remember, as a knock on the door from Agent Million will be seen as the most welcome of treats."
You may also want to watch:
According to the NS&I, there are 7,823 unclaimed prizes worth more than £270,000 in Norwich, the oldest of which dates back to December 1971.
A NS&I spokesman said: "Bonds purchased for a child are often forgotten about and result in unclaimed prizes, so it is always worth checking with NS&I if there are any in your name."
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village