Prefect was found hanging at Gresham’s School in Holt
- Credit: Archant
A prefect was found hanging in her room at Gresham's School in Holt, an inquest heard today.
Rebecca Haley, 18, died on April 30 at the boarding school in Cromer Road.
She was a boarder in Britten House at the school.
An inquest into Miss Haley's death was today opened at Norwich Magistrate's Court.
Jacqueline Lake, senior coroner for Norfolk, said the body of Miss Haley was identified to police by Julie Simms, matron at Gresham's.
You may also want to watch:
'A member of school staff discovered Miss Haley hanging in her room,' said Ms Lake. 'Paramedics attended but sadly she was confirmed dead at the scene.'
The medical cause of death was given as hanging, and the hearing was adjourned for a full inquest on October 25 at the Norfolk Coroner's Court.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
If you need help, call the Samaritans on 116 123.