Delays into inquest of father who died on-board cargo ship
- Credit: Archant
The inquest into a 'work-related' death of a seafarer has been delayed.
A pre-inquest review relating to SMN Explorer crewman Alfred Ismaili, 36, who died on February 1, 2018, was held at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich on July 24.
The Albanian father-of-three died while on-board the cargo ship when it was docked in King's Lynn on February 1.
A Marine Accident Investigation Branch report published in 2018 blamed the death on "procedural inadequacies and a lapse of supervision" aboard the 81m Liberian-registered timer ship.
It was reported that the crewman had been crushed by a hold cover on the vessel.
Mrs Lake said the pre-inquest hearing related to a "work-related incident."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "The case is not ready for inquest."
She adjourned proceedings for another pre-inquest review.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Widow fighting for wedding refund
This will take place on October 18.