Further pre-inquest for Norwich beauty therapist who died after breast enlargement
- Credit: Archant
A pre-inquest hearing for a mother-of-three who died following cosmetic surgery has been held to finalise witness statements ahead of the full inquest later this month.
Louise Harvey, 36, died following complications from a breast enlargement and tummy tuck.
The beauty therapist collapsed at her home 17 days after the operations, which were carried out at a private London hospital.
A previous pre-inquest heard Miss Harvey, of Calthorpe Road, Norwich, was not given medication which may have prevented her death on July 5, 2018.
The hearing at Norfolk Coroner's Court in March was told she had a family history of blood clots and was prescribed a course of anti-coagulant drugs after the procedures, but that only a single dose was administered.
A spokesperson from cosmetic surgery company Transform, which runs the hospital, said guidelines on anti-coagulant prescriptions were not firm rules.
The earlier opening of Miss Harvey's inquest gave her cause of death as bilateral pulmonary embolism secondary to breast augmentation and abdominoplasty.
You may also want to watch:
A date is still to be fixed for a full inquest hearing, which is expected to take up to four days.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks