Praise for Lowestoft College nurseries
- Credit: Archant
The two nurseries managed by Lowestoft College are celebrating after they were rated as 'good' in their latest Ofsted inspections.
The Lowestoft College Nursery, based on the St Peter's Street campus, and Ladybird Day Care – which is in the Kirkley Children's Centre – received the gradings within a few days of each other.
It means that both nurseries have now received a 'good' grading in their last three consecutive inspections.
At Ladybird Day Care, the inspector said: 'Parents speak highly of the nursery. They comment on the friendly, supportive and approachable staff and about how their children enjoy attending.
'Staff are highly successful in promoting children's social skills. Their sensitive interaction supports children in understanding and appreciating one another and learning to work together.'
You may also want to watch:
At Lowestoft College Nursery, the inspector described how: 'Staff demonstrate a good understanding of how children learn and develop. They provide stimulating environments, both indoors and outside, giving children plenty of choice in their play.
'Children of all ages demonstrate that they are happy and feel safe and secure at the nursery. Staff praise children as they recognise their efforts and achievements. This helps to raise their confidence and self-esteem.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
Georgette Vass, manager at Ladybird Day Care, said: 'We're absolutely thrilled with the result of both inspection reports which recognise the hard work of the teams at both nurseries.'
Both nurseries offer care for children from the ages of six weeks to five years and are open to all members of the community – not just staff and students of the college.
? To find out more about either nursery, including a small number of places that are currently available at the Lowestoft College Nursery, contact Georgette on 01502 532753.