Power restored to hundreds of people in mid Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
An early morning powercut was affecting homes and businesses in Dereham, Wymondham, Hethersett, Thetford and Reepham.
The powercut, which was reported to UK Power Networks at 2.23am on Monday, October 28, was affecting more than 80 homes and businesses inparts of Norfolk.
The outage was caused by a high voltage overhead electricity line fault in the local area.
By 3.22am engineers were on site to carry out investigations into the fault.
a spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Once they [the engineers] have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
You may also want to watch:
"We're sorry for the disruption this power cut will be causing, especially the impact it will be having on the start to your day."
Affected postcode's included NR1 8, NR16 1, NR16 2, NR18 0, NR18 O, NR9 3, NR9 4 and NR9 5.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
The power was restored at 9.37.