Power restored to Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire homes for Christmas Day
Power has been restored to almost all homes in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire in time for Christmas Day.
UK Power Networks engineers have been working to reconnect homes in the east of England after high winds and debris brought down power lines in Monday's storms.
At 6pm last night, more than 1,400 homes in Norfolk were still without power, though all those hit in Cambridgeshire had been reconnected.
This morning a spokesman for UK Power Networks said nearly all homes in the east of England had been reconnected.
She said: 'Things are virtually back to normal now in the east of England, apart from a few isolated areas where engineers are working to restore supplies this morning. To report any power cuts in the East of England customers can ring 0800 783 8838.'
You may also want to watch:
However, the news may have come too late for some, who have had to change plans for Christmas.
The company had offered to buy Christmas dinner for anyone left without power on Christmas Day, and had been appealing for restaurants and pubs with spare capacity to contact them.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Were you affected by the power cuts? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772423.