Power restored to all but one property in Bungay
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Power has been restored to all but one property in Bungay after engineers worked into the night
Twenty-six properties in the town lost power at 8.40am yesterday after a fault in an underground cable, causing several businesses to close early.
Engineers from UK Power Networks worked into the night to repair the problem, with power restored to all but one property at 1am today.
A spokesman said: 'The final property is due to have its power restored this morning. Engineers are continuing to work to repair the fault on an underground cable and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.'
Among those affected yesterday was Coopers DIY store and Boots pharmacy in St Mary's Street, as well as The White Swan pub.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out