Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- Credit: Fen Cops
Police have found the driver of car who left the scene after his car left the road early today and brought down power lines.
The incident happened on the A1101 Sutton Road, Wisbech near to the junction with Gypsy Lane, Leverington.
An off-duty police officer came across the abandoned car on his way home at 01.46am.
“The driver had left the scene, the vehicle was recovered by police and enquiries are ongoing into this,” said a post on Policing Fenland Facebook.
In response to numerous Facebook posts, the driver’s mother posted “thank you for your concern, it was my son; he is still badly shaken but OK, thanks again”.
You may also want to watch:
The Ford Fiesta Zetec was recovered by police.
The police spokesperson said the road was closed at 05.44 because the power lines were down across the road.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
"UK Power Networks are dealing,” said the statement. “No injuries reported at scene. A number of properties have also lost their power due to this incident.”