Power fault mended at Southrepps
Power workers finished fixing an underground cable on Wednesday lunchtime, five days after a fault left nearly 300 north Norfolk village homes without electricity.
UK Power Network engineers had to put in a section of new high-voltage cable at Southrepps.
All 282 customers had their electricity restored in stages on March 16, the day the fault occurred, but 118 of them have been receiving supplies via a generator during the repairs.
A UK Power Network spokesman apologised for any inconvenience and said the repair had been complex.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack