Power restored to homes following fault
- Credit: Archant
An underground electricity cable fault caused an area wide power cut, which affected almost 250 homes
The unplanned power cutaffected the homes in the Beccles and Bungay area.
Around 247 homes in the NR35 1 and NR35 2 areas were without power for more than two hours on Saturday afternoon (June 8).
UK Power Networks confirmed that the power had been restored at 5.28pm.
A statement on the UK Power Networks wesbite states: "An underground electricity cable faulted on our high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.
You may also want to watch:
"We restored the power cut at 5.28pm.""
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night