More than 500 homes and businesses hit by power cut due to fallen pole
- Credit: UK Power Networks
A fallen electricity pole left nearly 650 homes and businesses without power.
A total of 624 homes spread over more than five postcodes near Woodbastwick had been affected by a power cut on Thursday.
UK Power Networks said: "We became aware of this power cut at 16:59.
"We’re sorry for any disruption this may have caused you.
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly."
The following postcodes had been affected:
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 5 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 8 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 9 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 10 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
At 5.07pm UK Power Networks confirmed that engineers were on their way to the scene.
At 5.22pm there was a further update, stating that UK Power has turned off electricity in some houses.
A spokesperson from UK Power Network said, "Our engineers have turned off the power in the Norwich NR16 area in the interest of the public's health and safety.
"This is so they can investigate reports of a fallen electricity pole."
UK Power has estimated that electricity will be switched back on between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
At 5:41, UK Power Network gave the update that engineers were now on site.
UK Power Network confirmed that electricity was restored at 6.38pm.