More than 500 homes and businesses hit by power cut due to fallen pole
- Credit: UK Power Networks
A fallen electricity pole left nearly 650 homes and businesses without power.
A total of 624 homes spread over more than five postcodes near Woodbastwick had been affected by a power cut on Thursday.
UK Power Networks said: "We became aware of this power cut at 16:59.
"We’re sorry for any disruption this may have caused you.
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly."
You may also want to watch:
The following postcodes had been affected:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
At 5.07pm UK Power Networks confirmed that engineers were on their way to the scene.
At 5.22pm there was a further update, stating that UK Power has turned off electricity in some houses.
A spokesperson from UK Power Network said, "Our engineers have turned off the power in the Norwich NR16 area in the interest of the public's health and safety.
"This is so they can investigate reports of a fallen electricity pole."
UK Power has estimated that electricity will be switched back on between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
At 5:41, UK Power Network gave the update that engineers were now on site.
UK Power Network confirmed that electricity was restored at 6.38pm.