Power restored to homes and businesses
- Credit: Archant
Power has been restored to homes and businesses in the Lowestoft area.
The unplanned power cut left properties in Lowestoft without electricity for more thna four hours this morning (Sunday, October 20).
with the power cut affecting customers living in the NR32 2 postcode - after similar power cuts in the NR32 1 postcode areas of Lowestoft last Tuesday and Thursday - engineers were called to the scene to fix the fault and restore power.
A statement on the UK Power Networks website said: "We became aware of a power cut at 7.16am.
"We're sorry for any disruption this may have caused you.
You may also want to watch:
"We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut.
With engineers on the scene, it added that power was restored at 11.24am.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
The reason for the power cut, according to a statement on the UK Power Networks website, was that "a fault occurred on a piece of our electrical equipment which controls the power to your home."