Businesses and homes affected by power cut
- Credit: Archant
An early morning power cut has affected homes and businesses in the Ditchingham area.
The unplanned power cut has left properties in Ditchingham, near Bungay, without electricity this morning (Friday, December 6).
Parts of Aylsham are also affected by the incident.
The power cut is affecting customers living in five postcode areas at NR11 6, NR13 5, NR15 1, NR15 2 and NR35 2.
UK Power Networks were alerted to the power cut at 9.03am on December 6.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers have since arrived on the scene and are working to fix the fault and restore power as soon as possible.
A statement on the UK Power Networks website said: "We were investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which caused a power cut in the local area.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
"Extra engineers are still en route to the Tasburgh area to help with repairs to the faulty overhead equipment."
It adds that the "estimated power restoration time" is between 2pm and 3pm.