Power restored after hundreds of Dereham homes and businesses hit with power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Power has been restored after almost 250 homes and businesses were affected by a power cut.
A total of 237 customers over four postcodes had been affected in the surrounding Dereham areas before power was restored at 9.36pm on Thursday.
UK Power Networks became aware of the outage at 3.09pm after receiving seven calls from customers.
The operator said they were investigating an overhead electricity line fault.
During the power cut, a spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault.
"Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"Specialist engineers are also working to divert power remotely, and this can cause your lights to go on and off.
- 1 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 2 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 4 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 5 Man admits hiding camera to film 14-year-old girl in shower
- 6 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 7 Two Norfolk hotels named among the most romantic in the country
- 8 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 9 Bid to build five industrial units in Norfolk village
- 10 'Norfolk's Battersea Dogs Home' is full as cost of living crisis bites
"Please follow the government pandemic guidelines about social distancing when interacting with our staff."
Postcodes affected include NR19 2, NR20 3, NR20 4 and NR20 5.