More than 850 homes without power near Diss
- Credit: Archant
More than 850 homes have been affected by a power cut near Diss.
UK Power Networks became aware of the problem at 3.29pm on Thursday, February 27, after a fault was discovered on a high-voltage overhead electricity line.
Engineers are on site, while attempts were also made to reconnect some homes remotely.
However, these attempts failed, and there are currently 869 homes without power - many appear to be in and around the village of Brome, just south of Diss.
A spokesperson for UK Power Networks said: "We're sorry for any disruption this may have caused. We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get power back quickly."
You may also want to watch:
They also said that they had received reports of a grounded overhead cable, and a team has been sent to further investigate.
It is estimated that power will be restored to all homes by 6pm, although this could change.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting