Potato producer applies for permission to build 2,304 tonne storage facility in Marsham
- Credit: Ian Burt
A potato producer has applied for permission to build a 2,304 tonne seed potato store on a farm in Marsham.
B&C Farming said the facility, located at Wood Farm on Buxton Road, will enable the company to stop renting external storage.
In an application to Broadland District Council, planning papers said there had been an increase in demand for the firm's produce.
'Current total seed production is circa 5,000 tonnes depending of availability of suitable land and annual yield,' the planning documents said.
'The expansion opportunity will increase this to circa 6,000 over a period of the next two to five years.'
You may also want to watch:
The steel-framed storage unit will be 73m long, with a ridge height of 11m. There will also be a concrete yard area to the north of the proposed building.
To view the application, search 20171570 on the Broadland planning website.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales