Delays on the A47 after crash on Postwick bridge
- Credit: Mike Page
Emergency services were called to the A47 this evening after a crash on a bridge.
Police were called to the Postwick junction at 4.05pm, where a vehicle had been involved in a crash on the old bridge.
It was understood just one car was involved and that there were three people inside, but there were no injuries.
Two ambulances and two rapid response vehicles were called to the scene, as well as three fire crews.
Firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment to cut those in the car free before the trio - who were all conscious when paramedics arrived - were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A police spokeswoman said officers were set to close the 'city side' of the bridge while they awaited recovery.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre