Delays on the A47 after crash on Postwick bridge
- Credit: Mike Page
Emergency services were called to the A47 this evening after a crash on a bridge.
Police were called to the Postwick junction at 4.05pm, where a vehicle had been involved in a crash on the old bridge.
It was understood just one car was involved and that there were three people inside, but there were no injuries.
Two ambulances and two rapid response vehicles were called to the scene, as well as three fire crews.
Firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment to cut those in the car free before the trio - who were all conscious when paramedics arrived - were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said officers were set to close the 'city side' of the bridge while they awaited recovery.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'