Coronavirus: Post offices reopen following staffing issues
- Credit: Archant
A few post offices in west Norfolk have reopened following staffing issues due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Downham Market Post Office and Denver Post Office were temporarily closed because of staffing problems caused by covid-19.
Wimbotsham Post Office was also closed last week due to an issue with the printer.
The Downham Market branch reopened on Monday, April 20 with opening times of 10am to 3pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Denver reopened and is offering revised hours of 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1.30pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Wimbotsham is open 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturday.
A Post Office spokesman said: “We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by these temporary closures as we know how important post offices are to communities and post offices are designated as an essential retailer by the UK government.”
To keep up with coronavirus updates, please join our Facebook page here.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17