Post Office WILL move from Norwich’s Castle Mall to WH Smith
- Credit: Archant © 2009
The Post Office has confirmed its branch in Castle Mall will go through with its proposed move to WH Smith on St Stephens Street.
The branch will be renamed Norwich Crown Post Office and will continue to be operated by Post Office Ltd.
The WH Smith branch will continue to offer the same services as the Castle Mall branch, with the exception of a cash machine - though one will be installed subject to survey and planning permission.
Roger Gale, general manager for Post Office's Crown branch network, said: 'We are committed to remaining on the high streets and at the heart of communities and we are making changes right across our network to enable us to do so.'
The Castle Mall branch will permanently close on August 10, with its replacement opening at 9am the following day.
The shopping centre was opposed to the move and urged customers to back it staying at its current site.
You may also want to watch:
It will have seven counters and four self-service kiosks, with opening times on 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, and a later opening time of 9.30am on Tuesdays.
•What do you think of the move? You can leave your comments below
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions