Post Office service for Wangford, near Lowestoft, to be restored
Residents of a north Suffolk village are set to get a new Post Office outreach service this month after a wait of nearly three years.
From March 22, the outreach service at Wangford, near Lowestoft, will be open on Tuesdays from 10am to noon and from 1pm to 3pm on Thursdays, and will be operated by the sub-postmaster at Saxmundham post office.
It will be based in the village community centre in Millfields, which has wheelchair access.
Wangford has been without an outreach service since June 2009, prompting a high profile campaign by villagers to get it reinstated with the backing of Suffolk Coastal MP Dr Therese Coffey.
Post Office spokesman Wendy Hamilton said: 'We are pleased that another sub-postmaster has been identified, providing us with the opportunity to restore Post Office services from the community centre in Wangford.'
The same range of Post Office products and services will be available as the previous service.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 Elderly driver taken to hospital after village green crash
- 10 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes