Post Office branch at Colman Road in Norwich to move and double opening hours
- Credit: Archant
Colman Road Post Office is to move to the nearby McColls and will be open for business an extra 60 hours a week as a result.
From 1pm on November 25, the branch will be open seven days a week at 78 Colman Road, with the opening hours doubling, from Monday to Saturday from 6am to 10pm, and Sunday from 7am to 10pm.
Chief Operating Officer for McColl's Retail Group, Dave Thomas, said: 'We are delighted to soon be welcoming Colman Road Post Office customers to our store, which will offer a wide range of Post Office services alongside our extensive retail offer. As a convenience store operator we are always looking for ways to make life easier for our customers. Post Office services will be available for the full opening hours of the store in order to provide an excellent service for the local community.'
The branch at nearby 90-92 Colman Road will close with the current Postmaster's agreement on Thursday, November 24 at 5.30pm. During the transfer alternative branches include Earlham House Post Office and University Plain Post Office.
The relocation is part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network.
You may also want to watch:
Suzanne Richardson, Regional Network Manager said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents. We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed