Town verge set to be transformed into car dealership
- Credit: Google
A grassy area close to the Morrisons supermarket in Wymondham could be turned into a car dealership after a proposal was submitted to South Norfolk District Council.
The land where the B1172 Harts Farm Road meets Postmill Close used to be the site of a fuel station and used car dealership, but was sold to developers more than 15 years ago.
Now, the Norwich-based Amari Group wants to create a new dealership there on land next to Wymondham Medical Centre.
If approved, a small sales office will be constructed along with an external gravel display apron.
At a meeting of Wymondham Town Council's planning committee on March 2, all members recommended approval of the plan.
You may also want to watch:
Suzanne Nuri-Nixon voiced a concern over increased traffic, but added: "I can't think of a reason to refuse it."
Chair Peter Broome said the proposal was "in keeping" as "it is an industrial area".
- 1 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 10 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
SNDC will deal with the application in due course.