Town verge set to be transformed into car dealership
- Credit: Google
A grassy area close to the Morrisons supermarket in Wymondham could be turned into a car dealership after a proposal was submitted to South Norfolk District Council.
The land where the B1172 Harts Farm Road meets Postmill Close used to be the site of a fuel station and used car dealership, but was sold to developers more than 15 years ago.
Now, the Norwich-based Amari Group wants to create a new dealership there on land next to Wymondham Medical Centre.
If approved, a small sales office will be constructed along with an external gravel display apron.
At a meeting of Wymondham Town Council's planning committee on March 2, all members recommended approval of the plan.
Suzanne Nuri-Nixon voiced a concern over increased traffic, but added: "I can't think of a reason to refuse it."
Chair Peter Broome said the proposal was "in keeping" as "it is an industrial area".
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 7 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 8 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 9 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
SNDC will deal with the application in due course.