Woman meets TV star after losing more than 10 stone
- Credit: Courtesy of Slimming World
A Poringland woman made the semi-finals of Slimming World's Woman of the Year competition after losing more than 10 stone.
Dawn Eastman was almost 20 stone before she joined her local slimming group.
Speaking about her battle with her health she said: "Everything just felt like such a struggle.
"I felt uncomfortable all the time and would get out of breath doing the most simple jobs."
But after dramatically reducing her weight to just under 10 stone, the 49-year-old feels like her life has been "changed completely" and was celebrated at Slimming World's Woman of the Year awards where she met TV star Jake Quickenden.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Quickenden, who was runner up on I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! and went on to win Dancing on Ice last year, said: "I think Dawn looks incredible, to turn her life around like she has is amazing.
"She seems so full of confidence now and it's hard to believe that she ever had an issue with her weight.
- 1 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
"It's a reminder that with support and commitment you can do anything you set your mind to."