Popular Lowestoft market set to return
- Credit: Archant
A popular market is set to return to Lowestoft next weekend.
The Lowestoft Lions Club's Petticoat Lane market will take place at the Triangle Market Place in the north end of town on Saturday, May 14.
Named after the well-known Petticoat Lane market area in the East End of London, the Lions have again teamed up with Lowestoft Vision to organise the market. And ahead of this popular charity street event, an appeal has been made for any unwanted items to be donated.
With a collection of stalls selling a wide variety of goods, the market, which runs between 9am and 1pm, will feature many of the popular traditions from the previous events including the large sale of quality-donated items, craft and vintage stalls, street entertainment and a grand auction.
After a gap of 15 years, Lowestoft Lions returned to the town for the Petticoat Lane market in May 2014 in the new location of the Triangle market.
You may also want to watch:
With the Lions working in partnership with Lowestoft Vision to bring the event back into the town, the markets from the past two years have been hailed a success.
Appealing for donations of unwanted items, people are being urged to have a bit of a spring clean around their homes to find items to donate to the Lowestoft Lions.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
And with all proceeds raised from the event going to support Lowestoft Lions' good causes, Lions spokesman Michael Cook said: 'Let's get a lot of items together so people can have plenty to choose from.'
Unwanted clothing, bric-a-brac, toys, books, small furniture, unsold car boot stock can be collected by ringing 01502 566320 or 573607 with collection points at Cooks Furnishers in London Road South and London Road North.
? Are you organising a charity event in Lowestoft? Email email@example.com