Popular antiques street market returns to Beccles
- Credit: James Bass
Bargain hunters will be descending on Beccles tomorrow as the town's antiques street market returns for the eighth year.
The market will play host to 100 general and specialist dealers selling a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables including furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design/clothing and decorative items.
It will be held from 8am to 4pm.
Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxons started the market in 2009 with just over 40 dealers and were overwhelmed with the support it attracted.
They said: 'We are now in a position where we have to operate an ongoing waiting list. The enthusiasm from both the dealers and buyers has been primary in making the market not only a success but a great 'buyers' market with a wonderful atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
Due to its popularity and following requests from the traders, a second date was added to the calendar in 2011 - with this year's second market booked for Sunday, August 13.
Once again the antiques street market will be hosting its own Bargain Hunt, with a cash float provided by the organisers and matched by Durrants Auctioneers. Two teams will go head to head to purchase items, which will then be auctioned by Durrants with all the profits donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. The organisers will also once again be making a donation to the Help For Heroes fund.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
And one lucky Facebook user, who likes the Beccles Antiques Street Market page, has been selected at random to win £100 cash to spend at the market.
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will be open throughout the day, and there will also be artisan street food, ice cream and stalls selling hot drinks.
The centre of town will be closed to traffic from 6am and will re-open at 6pm.
Admission is free and the market will go ahead regardless of the weather, so take an umbrella and a sun hat.
For more details follow the Facebook page or call Kate Lee on 01502 711174.