Popular antiques street market returns to Beccles
- Credit: James Bass
Bargain hunters will be descending on Beccles tomorrow as the town's antiques street market returns for the eighth year.
The market will play host to 100 general and specialist dealers selling a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables including furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design/clothing and decorative items.
It will be held from 8am to 4pm.
Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxons started the market in 2009 with just over 40 dealers and were overwhelmed with the support it attracted.
They said: 'We are now in a position where we have to operate an ongoing waiting list. The enthusiasm from both the dealers and buyers has been primary in making the market not only a success but a great 'buyers' market with a wonderful atmosphere.'
Due to its popularity and following requests from the traders, a second date was added to the calendar in 2011 - with this year's second market booked for Sunday, August 13.
Once again the antiques street market will be hosting its own Bargain Hunt, with a cash float provided by the organisers and matched by Durrants Auctioneers. Two teams will go head to head to purchase items, which will then be auctioned by Durrants with all the profits donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. The organisers will also once again be making a donation to the Help For Heroes fund.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
And one lucky Facebook user, who likes the Beccles Antiques Street Market page, has been selected at random to win £100 cash to spend at the market.
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will be open throughout the day, and there will also be artisan street food, ice cream and stalls selling hot drinks.
The centre of town will be closed to traffic from 6am and will re-open at 6pm.
Admission is free and the market will go ahead regardless of the weather, so take an umbrella and a sun hat.
For more details follow the Facebook page or call Kate Lee on 01502 711174.