Poppy Appeal launched in Norwich
- Credit: Lyn Hatch
The Poppy Appeal has been officially launched in Norwich alongside the opening of its shop in Castle Mall.
People will now be able to purchase their poppies or any other merchandise from the shop, located on the first floor.
Money from the appeal goes towards helping current service personnel and veterans through the Royal British Legion.
It runs until Armistice Day, on November 11.
Lord Mayor Marion Maxwell visited the shop on Saturday to help with the opening and the Norwich launch.
To volunteer with this year's appeal contact Lyn Hatch on 07795426529 or email email@example.com
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment