Pop-up Start-rite children’s shoes outlet shop opens in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up children's shoes outlet store has opened in a Norwich shopping centre.
Start-rite launched the pop-up shop in Castle Mall on Friday, with clearance shoes and fittings on offer.
It will remain open during the summer holidays and into early September, and will offer up to 30pc off original prices.
Start-rite, which is known for its school shoes, was founded in Norwich 225 years ago, and last year welcomed new chief executive Ian Watson to the helm.
You may also want to watch:
Its headquarters - and another outlet shop - are at Peachman Way in Broadland Business Park, but it was founded by James Smith in 1792 in a workshop behind Norwich market.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 7 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
In 2014, the business hit the headlines when the royal family chose a pair of its shoes for Prince George. It saw sales of the particular shoes - navy first walkers - rocket in the following weeks.
The Castle Mall branch will be open from 9am to 6pm from Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
• For more information, click here.