Pop-up musical performance enchants festival-goers in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The sublime sounds of The Voice Project choir enchanted festival-goers and passers by during a special pop-up performance in Norwich city centre.
Starting from the Octagon Chapel, in Colegate, on Saturday lunchtime the choir weaved it's way throught the 'Norwich-over-the-Water' area of the city and attracted a large crowd for its beautiful performance.
The Voice Project choir, which was also joined by guest singers, took its musical tour along Colegate, Friars Quay and onto St George's Street, before finishing its vocal spectacle outside Norwich University of the Arts.
The performance featured new work and excerpts from The Voice Project's previous Norfolk and Norwich Festival performances.
One particular highlight saw musician Sianed Jones perform on a boat while being rowed along the River Wensum - a reprise of her solo performance from Souvenir at Holkham Hall in the 2014 Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
You may also want to watch:
The free pop-up performance was part of The Voice Project's Vocal Invention Weekend, a mini-festival dedicated to experimenting with the human voice which took place at Norwich Arts Centre and other city venues.
Vocal Invention continues today. For more information, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople