Pop star Olly Murs brings the X-Factor to Fakenham with surprise appearance at town football club
- Credit: PA
Pop star and television presenter Olly Murs has made a surprise visit to Fakenham.
The six-time Brit Award nominee was at Fakenham Town Football Club's Clipbush Park on Saturday afternoon to watch his beloved Coggeshall Town beat Fakenham 3-0.
Fakenham Town FC tweeted: 'We've (happily) granted our visitors @CoggeshallTown special access to our new gantry, and they've brought along someone called - Olly Murs!'
The star posed for photographs with fans.
Fakenham under-8s player Declan Cracknell, son of Fakenham head groundsman Chris Cracknell, was amongst those to get a picture with the singer.
You may also want to watch:
Murs watched non-league Coggeshall win 2-0 at Diss Town in April and was back in Norfolk to perform at Thetford Forest in June.
Last year, Murs was a surprise special guest at a wedding in Dereham.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
Katie Hart-Copsey, who is a big fan of the singer, was enjoying her wedding reception with husband Shane Hart-Copsey in Dereham Town Football Club's club house, while Murs watched Coggeshall in their match against Dereham Town Reserves.
He later posed for photographs with the bride and some of the guests,
Murs has previously played for the Essex-based Coggeshall Town and paid for the club's showers to be fixed.
Since shooting to fame in 2009 as runner-up on the X-Factor, Murs has recorded four multi-platinum albums, produced four number one singles and has sold more than 10 million records.
He also presented the X-Factor along with Norfolk's Caroline Flack.